For owners who have a November or December 2020 reservation and planning to come, please contact email@example.com to reconfirm.
Last updated 10/15/2020
The State has produced an extensive list of questions and answers associated with the Safe Travels Pre-Testing Program. Please visit https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/ for your travel planning.
Travel Requirements Flowchart
Safe Travels Hawaii Quick Facts
For a step-by-step overview of Hawai‘i’s pre-travel
requirement process and options, click to download.
Pre-Travel Testing Option to Begin on Oct. 15, 2020
At an afternoon news briefing on September 16th, Gov. David Ige announced plans for a Hawai‘i pre-travel testing program that gives travelers the option of possibly avoiding 14-day-long quarantine upon arrival to the state. This is viewed as one of the key measures for revitalizing Hawai‘i’s visitor-centric economy, while providing protection for the spread of COVID-19. Key components of the pre-travel testing program include:
• All travelers must either pre-test or go into 14-day quarantine upon arrival to the state
• All travelers are required to have temperature checked and complete a health & travel questionnaire
• As an alternative to quarantine a traveler must produce evidence of a negative COVID-19 test no earlier than 72-hours prior to
their flight arrival in Hawai‘i
• The interisland quarantine for anyone arriving on any island other than O‘ahu continues through Sept. 30, unless terminated or
extended by a separate emergency proclamation
• FDA-approved NAAT tests, processed by a CLIA-certified laboratory are the only types of coronavirus tests currently approved
• Currently approved trusted testing partners are CVS and Kaiser Permanente (as of 9/16/2020)
Stay safe, stay healthy!
A hui hou!
Primrose K Noe Hookano
Frequently Asked Questions
I am planning on visiting and want to know what restaurants are open?
We are not sure of the number of restaurants that are open but most that are open have limited hours of operation and limited service (i.e. takeout, delivery or dine-in). We suggest checking the social media pages of the restaurants you are interested in and the rules they have in place for a safe experience.
How do I know what COVID-19 rules are in place when I plan to visit the island? To stay up to date with all the COVID-19 Emergency Rules in the State of Hawaii and County of Kauai, please visit www.kauai.gov/COVID-19 or www.hawaiicovid19.com
I hear that if we test negative prior to arrival we can avoid the 14-day self-quarantine requirement. Where can I find a list of State of Hawaii approved testing sites here on the mainland? Please visit www.hawaiicovid19.com/travel for information regarding traveling to the State of Hawaii.
Shopping and Delivery Service:
808-822-5477 - www.kauaikiss.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sueoka Market Delivery Service
- $50 minimum
- Email order to email@example.com or contact 808-742-1611